- Sónar 2010 | 17.09.2010 | Sónar successfully ends the first Sónar Chicago
- Sónar 2010 | 17.09.2010 | Obtain your Sonar Barcelona 2011 pass and professional accreditation under very advantageous conditions
- Sónar 2010 | 07.09.2010 | The first Sónar Chicago starts this week
- Sónar 2010 | 25.08.2010 | Sonar Chicago announces new artists and completes its program
- Sónar 2010 | 05.08.2010 | Adventures In Modern Music, the partner event of Sónar Chicago 2010
- Sónar 2010 | 27.07.2010 | Sónar presents the first Sónar Chicago on the 9th, 10th and 11th of September 2010
- Sónar 2010 | 10.06.2010 | Sónar announces Sonar Chicago in September
More than 8,000 people attended the 30 shows and activities programmed over the last three days in the Jay Pritzker Pavilion auditorium in the Millennium Park and the Chicago Cultural Center.
Sónar Chicago offered a highly experimental line-up. Among the highlights were the shows by The Slew con Kid Koala, the noisism of the Iceland-based Australian Ben Frost, New York's Lesley Flanigan, the futuristic electronic post-funk of the Detroit artist Jimmy Edgar, the Canadian project La Chambre des Machines -with their genuine futuristic machines from the early twentieth century - and the session by the Dutch post-dubstep producer Martyn which turned Millennium Park in central Chicago into an unusual and enormous dancefloor.
The presence of Catalan artists at the festival was also a very positive aspect. The shows by Bradien, bRUNA, Huan and Faraón attracted a substantial audience and generated an enthusiastic response.
In collaboration with Red Bull Music Academy, the Sónar Club Night, with a full house in the Smart Bar, presented the legendary project Black Devil Disco Club and a set by Applebim, among others.
Sónar Chicago was possible thanks to the initiative of the Institut Ramon Llull - the consortium consisting of the Government of Catalonia and the Government of the Balearic Islands - the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs, Advanced Music, creators of the festival in Barcelona - and AC Entertainment, the promoter of the Bonaroo festival, among other events.
Visit the Sónar Chicago photo report.