- Sónar 2010 | 17.09.2010 | Sónar successfully ends the first Sónar Chicago
- Sónar 2010 | 17.09.2010 | Obtain your Sonar Barcelona 2011 pass and professional accreditation under very advantageous conditions
- Sónar 2010 | 07.09.2010 | The first Sónar Chicago starts this week
- Sónar 2010 | 25.08.2010 | Sonar Chicago announces new artists and completes its program
- Sónar 2010 | 05.08.2010 | Adventures In Modern Music, the partner event of Sónar Chicago 2010
- Sónar 2010 | 27.07.2010 | Sónar presents the first Sónar Chicago on the 9th, 10th and 11th of September 2010
- Sónar 2010 | 10.06.2010 | Sónar announces Sonar Chicago in September
With this new small-format festival promoted together with AC Entertainment, Sonar returns to the United States for the second year running and once again collaborates with the Institut Ramon Llull, after the two events held in Washington and New York in May 2009.
In accordance with its objective of disseminating the philosophy of the Barcelona festival and adapting it to new cities and formats, Sónar together with US Bonnaroo promoter AC Entertainment will organise the first Sonar Chicago the 9th, 10th and the 11th of September - a new festival which is anticipated to be a regular event.
The Sonar by Day activities at Sonar Chicago will take place in the many rooms and spaces of the Chicago Cultural Center (CCC), the headquarters of the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and the city's main public cultural venue. The programme will be completed with Sonar by Night shows and sessions.
Sonar Chicago will present a multidisciplinary line-up with an experimental slant that is consistent with the distinguishing feature of the Barcelona festival, and which on this occasion will focus on emerging talent and local scenes, in both North America and Catalonia.
As usual at Sonar, the line-up combines some important names on the current landscape with other less mainstream and more experimental offerings, and it will be announced in mid-July.
Since 2002, Sonar has held 24 events all over the world in different formats in other countries and cities, such as Lisbon (2002), Neuchatel (2002), Hamburg (2002-2006), Tokyo (2002/2004/2006), London (2002-2005, 2009 and 2010), Rome (2003), Sao Paulo (2004), Lyon (2004), Buenos Aires (2006), Seoul (2006) and Washington (2009).
Sonar has also been the showcase for Catalan culture in the world by means of events in collaboration with the Institut Ramon Llull in other cities such as Guadalajara (2004), Frankfurt (2007) and New York (2009).
Sonar Chicago is an initiative by Advanced Music and AC Entertainment in collaboration with the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and the Institut Ramon Llull.
Official website: www.sonarchicago.com